Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
You are here: Home » News
Open Day event: A big thank you!
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017
The Institute opened its doors to perspective students in over
twenty branches and ITC worldwide on Tuesday 26th September
It was a great opportunity to find out more about courses on
offer, entry requirements, and meet local tutors and other
Embarking on professional education can be quite a challenge.
Some of our guests have been out of formal education for some time,
and others were completely new to the shipping industry.
The Institute offers subsidised, industry leading qualifications
and has a network of Institute members teaching, mentoring and
supporting students every step of the way.
- The Institute academic year starts
every year in June and runs till May.
- We have two exams session available
per academic year, one in November and one in May each year
- During the November session we hold
exams in about 50 centres worldwide, in May we hold members in
over 100 centres trying to accommodate requests from any
- The Institute offers three levels of
qualifications: Foundation Diploma (FD); Advance Diploma
(AD); Professional Qualifying Examinations (PQE)
- Diplomas are a combination of two
exams to be sat and passed within the same exam session: one exam
is always mandatory, either Introduction to
Shipping for the Foundation Diploma (FD) or Shipping Business
for the Advanced Diploma (AD), plus a second exam of
your choice from our specialisms
- In order to qualify for election to
membership of the Institute (MICS), students must complete the full
professional qualifying exams (PQE). In order to achieve this you
need to pass a combination of seven exams.
Four of which are compulsory - see list
Plus other three exams of your choice, you can pick from
our specialism according to your interest - see list
- Please note that the Institute
qualification system is modular and you can start from any of the
two Diplomas (FD) or (AD); and then proceed up to the top
professional qualification (PQE).
- Any exams that you pass counts
toward the PQE seven-exams programme
- The student registration fee
[£115.00] makes you an Institute student and covers you for the
whole academic year and for both exam sessions.
- Each exam booking fee is £125.00
- Each course book costs £95.00, but
to students the cost is reduced to £85.50
Tutorship £575.00 per subject
- Our Tutorship is a package including
learning materials and access to a Tutor available online to help
towards Institute exams preparation
- The Tutorship option includes: exam
booking fee is £125.00; course book cost £85.50; workbook and
booklets - free; access to the Live tutorials series - 11 online
lectures live; access to your dedicated tutor throughout the
academic year; mock exam.
PREP Spring 2017 £975 All subjects
- Is a study weekend packed with:
- Make a plan on how to proceed best
and choose your qualification among the three available: Foundation
Diploma (FD); Advance Diploma (AD); Professional Qualifying
- Register as a student via WWW.SHIPBROKERS.ORG - please
create your account and give us all your details so as to allow us
to contact you.
- Then proceed to the registration [£115.00]
- the Institute academic year starts every year in June and runs
till May. You can register throughout the year up to 5 weeks prior
to exam session start
- Chose your study option for each of your
The Education Team is available to give you extra
support and information to help you making a good
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Park Street London SE1 9EQ, +44 (0) 20 7357 9722, email@example.com