Current Vacancies in Shipping
The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers is pleased to advertise
the below employment opportunities for the benefit of members,
students and those wishing to develop their career in the shipping
Please note that the Institute is posting these positions on
behalf of the recruiter or employer and is not responsible or
liable for the position or the recruitment process.
Reporting to: Fleet
Spanish ship operator with a fleet of seven chemical tanker
vessels trading worldwide.
"Shipping Company, based in Madrid, Spain,
offers a position at the Chartering and Operations Department.
The candidate may have training in Naval Engineering, Nautical
or training related to the maritime business.
The candidate must have a high level of English since all
communications are in this language. A good knowledge of Spanish is
His main functions in the chartering and operations department
• Negotiation of time and voyage charter parties for
• Relationship with charterers and brokers. Knowledge of the
ship and cargo market.
• Trip creation, demurrage, billing and closing.
• Daily report to the fleet manager about the vessels.
• Complete monitoring of the operations of the vessels in the
fleet, following their daily activities and coordinating their
compliance with the operations.
• Preparation of cargo tanks and tank cleaning.
• Purchase of bunkers.
• Support for the chartering of vessels and preparation of
market information reports.
• Relationship with port agents.
• Support to the other departments of the shipping company with
technical knowledge about navigation and port operations.
A position is offered for offices in Madrid, however, it may be
necessary to have availability to travel worldwide.
Remuneration according to the candidate's worth.
(99+) Postfixing Chartering Assistant | Tata Steel in Europe |
Posted on 28 09 2022
Trainee Shipbroker @ Chart Shipping
Chart Shipping is a well-established niche player in the
offshore oil & gas/renewables supply and support vessel market.
We enjoy a worldwide client base of oil companies, rig owners,
offshore contractors and vessel owners.
We are expanding our team and seek a Trainee
The successful applicant will receive intensive in-house
training. Due to the current market conditions, the candidate will
be pushed to fast-track the initial learning period to deal with
clients and vessel charters as soon as possible. The individual
will need to be self-motivated with initiative and tenacity to
succeed in a highly competitive international marketplace.
The salary will depend on the candidate but will be competitive,
with the opportunity to increase rapidly against performance.
Initial tasks include:
- Supporting senior brokers on initiating and completing charters
which include collating offers, producing Excel comparison tables,
assisting with negotiations and contract management
- Maintaining accurate databases of vessel positions,
availability and charter rates
- Producing weekly and monthly market reports, analysis and
general market commentary suitable for external distribution
- Marketing and development of new business
Required skills / abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent with MS office programmes (Outlook, Excel,
PowerPoint, Word)Ability to analyse information within a
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Personable and able to build strong relationships
- Willing to travel internationally when required
- Languages are an advantage
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE
Kindly remit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 14 09 2022
Shipbroker / Chartering / S&P
F3O was founded in 2009 in Norway and since then expanded to
Germany, Netherlands, Middle East and Far East Asia. F3O Offshore
Services GmbH serves the Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas, Transport
and Marine Construction industry in a brokerage and/or consultancy
Our team prides itself in its professionalism and sound work
We are a small and vibrant team in a flat organizational
We are looking for an ambitious: Shipbroker for
our chartering and/or S&P desk in Hamburg.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain clients
- Conclude charter / S&P contracts
- Manage tenders and requirements
- Market research in specific field
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in this role or industry related
- Open, communicative personality
- Read and write in English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed
- Team player and willing to travel
- Interested in the maritime and offshore industry
- Client management / relationship building skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Industry Standard (fixed + bonus)
- Office Location: Hamburg City Centre
- Start Date: Q4 2022
Please send us your cover letter, CV, supporting documents and a
short personal introduction video should you be interested.