Vacancy: Junior Ship Sale and Purchase Broker - Rotterdam
The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers is pleased to advertise
the below employment opportunities for the benefit of members,
students and those wishing to develop their career in the shipping
Please note that the Institute is posting these positions on
behalf of the recruiter or employer and is not responsible or
liable for the position or the recruitment process.
Please send your applications directly to the
Junior Ship Sale and Purchase Broker
Aras Shipbrokers B.V. is a renowned
Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp region shipbroker looking for a junior
Ship Sale and Purchase broker.
For more details click here.
Operations Officer - Chartering
Based: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Our Client is an Entrepreneurial, market leading, International
Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of
professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit and personal ownership.
They offer a wide-ranging and very challenging role with
prospects in a continually growing global company. The successful
candidate will enjoy working in a stimulating environment in which
enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal
As Operations Officer, under the guidance of a Senior Operator
and through "training on the job" you will ensure an efficient and
effective operational settlement of chartering transactions.
- Becoming the focal point for the Commercial and the
Administrative Chartering Employees as well as for the Logistic
- Be actively involved in planning, organizing and auditing an
efficient and process trajectory;
- Timely signalling, assessing, and following up on problems,
risks and possibilities with regard to the execution of chartering
- Responsibility for instructions to shipping companies,
superintendents, contractors and/or port agents;
- Preparing and/or checking laytime statements connected with
charter party or sales contract conditions;
- Coordinating the arrival of vessels and managing the
relationship with the various parties;
- Performing final check on despatch/demurrage calculations;
- Preparing monthly reports and historical data for management
and accounting departments.
EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS & CANDIDATE
- Fluency in English and Dutch (spoken and
- Strong administrative skills, focused on the settlement of
international trade transactions and the document management this
- Knowing how to settle the logistical process surrounding
international trade transactions.
- Strong planning, organizational and communicative skills;
- Strong capabilities in setting priorities in the daily
- Practical pro-active attitude;
- Possesses good communication skills;
- Self-motivated with a no-nonsense mentality;
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key issues,
but also with the right attention for details;
- Works accurately and independently and is a team player at the
- Has an efficient and well organized working skill, as well as a
strong ability in using IT applications are essential to
For more information
please click here.