TutorShip is the Institute's own distance learning
programme. TutorShip is a study method that provides the
necessary preparation for the Institute's examinations but also
gives students the opportunity to broaden their understanding of
the industry and develop career potential.
TutorShip courses are written by leading practitioners in their
field and updated annually.
You can enrol for TutorShip via the London Head Office or at
your local Institute Teaching Centre (ITC).
ITCs working on behalf of the Institute use TutorShip materials to
provide tuition to students in their own locality. All our
tutors, worldwide, are approved by the Institute's Head Office in
London and they are specialists in their field.
Some ITCs also organise other training courses, revision
events and seminars for students and members. Contact your
local ITC or branch for more information.
Once enrolled in a TutorShip course you will receive:
- the latest TutorShip course book;
- allocated tutors, who will guide you through your studies and
answer your questions;
- assignments for each chapter and a mock examination that are
submitted to your course tutor for marking and feedback.
You should take a TutorShip course if you are looking for:
- a highly flexible study option that fits around your work and
- a truly portable and international form of study that moves and
works with you;
- a structured and easy to follow format;
- the personal support of an industry expert.
TutorShip is a successful formula that will help you to pass
You can register for TutorShip directly online by
logging in to your personal account at www.shipbrokers.org
"What can I say, Tutorship was fantastic. I would recommend
it to anyone, good information, great teachers, good friends and
Angela Hunt - BHP Billiton Marketing BV